City of London
Working in the People & Culture Department you will support the Senior HR Business Partner whose role is to partner with specific client groups across the business which is a Capital Markets Financial Services firm with headquarters in Tokyo. You will undertake the operational aspects of the business partnering to compliment the strategic role provided by the Senior HR Business partner. You will provide best practice led HR support to the businesses employees and leaders. Enabling a culture that stakeholders are proud of and reflects our values – Integrity, Development, Fairness and Sustainability and Full Compliance.
P&C is the custodian of the people management and leadership policies and practices that underpin our culture recognizing that our people maximise the potential of the business through their talent and contribution.
You will be a catalyst in ensuring that organizational culture moves forward positively, through innovative and creative initiatives and clear implementation of value-based processes, championing inclusivity across the business.
This is a full generalist role, which requires extensive experience in Employee Relations and ideally SMCR,
Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Generalist will be involved in the following:
- Support line managers in transparent and even-handed people management practices, providing the appropriate level of intervention and guidance to meet business needs and minimize risk. ER activity could include supporting and managing restructuring and redundancies, disciplinaries, grievances, capability, advising on terms and conditions changes including flexible working requests and TUPE;
- Manage and support the Maternity/Paternity process;
- A main point of contact for mental health and wellbeing support across the organization and managing as appropriate.
Policies, Procedures and processes
- Development and implementation of professional people management policies, capabilities and practices. Coach and advise managers to enable them to enhance their business performance through improving the performance, capability; and motivation of their people
- Driving the employee experience and identifying areas that require improvement
- Ensuring all the requirements of SMCR are embedded and adhered to across all employment.
- Creating job descriptions, benchmarking reward with support from the reward team and partnering with the business to determine hiring in line with future skills needs. Interviewing, attending the recruitment sub group and appointing and onboarding candidates including producing contracts;
- Maintaining good relationships with recruitment agencies, negotiating terms and conditions. Ensuring terms and conditions are up to date and in line with our recruitment strategy.
- Manage and support on key projects identified, including those related to the HR Transformation
- Ensure that business leaders receive accurate, timely and relevant management information to support their decisions. Contribute to process efficiencies without losing the tailored approach.
- Ensure that HR service to the firm is supported and enhanced through the appropriate use of the HR systems.
- Ensure the promotions round is completed fairly and with maximum efficiency, in line with the competency framework and business needs.
- Embedding Diversity and Inclusion in all aspects of the above.
- Direct and liaise with the HR control and administration team, to enable them to support on the role requirements listed above
- Work with People Analytics to analyze trends and metrics across the business
- Undertake a significant change agent role and contribute to HR projects as part of a broader programme.
- Ensure that the business can demonstrate fairness and transparency of process.
Skills and Experiences
- 4 to 6 years of experience as HR manager or advisor
- Working knowledge of UK employment legislation
- Demonstrable evidence of handling employee relations cases
- Experience of successful recruitment
- Business acumen partnered with attention to the human element. Is capable of showing empathy and compassion when required
- Ability to advise and work with senior members of staff
- Driven and determined
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
- Discrete and Ethical
- Experience in the financial sector
- Knowledge of the SMCR regulations
- Knowledge of Diversity and Inclusion current practices
- MCIPD, or equivalent educational achievement (Level 7) plus experience