City of London
General Purpose of Job:
As an HR Business Partner (HRBP), you will manage Human Resource (HR) activities for a specified business function (Actuarial and Consulting). You will work closely with the leaders of this function, as well as key stakeholders and HR colleagues across the business, providing expert HR advice, and designing and implementing strategic HR plans, processes and solutions in line with the needs and priorities of the businesses people plan and strategic business objectives.
The HRBP (Actuarial and Consulting) will report directly to the Head of HR Business Partners (HRBP), with a dotted line of responsibility to the relevant Regional Leads (RLs) of the business. The HRBP (Actuarial and Consulting) will liaise closely with other HRBPs, who will all sit within the People Strategy and Culture HR pillar. HRBPs will liaise closely with all HR colleagues who sit across the following pillars of HR deliverables:
- Leadership, Talent and Skills;
- Performance and Reward;
- Policy and HR Service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following includes key responsibilities of the role:
Business Function Management and HR Strategy:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients / stakeholders including local partners and RLs, providing support, trusted advice, and challenge.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business function, e.g. what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, sales pipeline, to provide best in class HR service.
- Work with the relevant RLs and local partners to develop, deliver and monitor the strategic HR plan based on knowledge, requirements, and analysis of the business function.
- Champion the diversity and inclusion agenda, providing a framework to build an inclusive culture, and promoting understanding within the business function.
- Lead the delivery of HR projects (e.g. Future of Work; Employee Engagement) / change initiatives to support the business function’s HR strategy.
- Liaise with other HRBPs to ensure a shared understanding of strategic priorities and work collaboratively across all business areas, with oversight and guidance from the Head of HRBPs.
- Drive the roll out and embedding of the Purpose and Values activity, providing support and challenge to leadership on legacy approaches and drive adoption of new ways of working
- Liaise with Recruitment colleagues to manage business function recruitment requirements including early years recruitment.
- Work with Recruitment on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires, promoting the business as an employer of choice.
- Challenge around diversity and inclusion in hiring of external talent.
- Liaise with Recruitment manager on resource management and support with succession planning.
- Develop robust plans around strategic hires and future operating model requirements, experience of managing change and transformation to support growth activities.
Learning and Development:
- Work with L&D manager to identify and subsequently support roll out, embedding and delivery of L&D activity.
- Support L&D manager with local inductions and HR driven workshop delivery.
- Liaise with L&D manager on local training needs assessments and relevant training solutions.
- Ensure compliance for mandatory training.
- Challenge stakeholders on L&D activities and requirements, bringing innovation and creativity to the agenda
Compensation and Benefits:
- Liaise with Compensation and Benefits manager on performance management process, and support in annual year end process.
- Support the Compensation and Benefits manager on salary and bonus process, ensuring consistency of approach, in line with reward policy.
- Work with the team on any benefits initiatives to ensure business function understanding and seamless implementation.
- Lead sessions to challenge performance and reward dialogues to ensure outcomes are commercial and seek to address retention challenges across the business
- Work with the HR policy and service team to support their advice on highly complex and/or high-risk people cases and ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
- Provide trusted strategic and operational HR advice to leaders of the business function.
- Support employee wellbeing.
- Evaluate business function management information and report on key themes and trends; advice on HR interventions in conjunction with HR policy and service colleagues.
- Partner with the Head of Function to design and develop policies which underpin business growth and seek to embed the purpose and value proposition
- Ability to review and interpret data which and articulate trends to the business which in turn inform and influence future policy development and enhancements,
- Have a robust understanding of ER case management and policy interpretation and application.
- Educated to degree level with CIPD qualification (or equivalent) essential.
- Communication skills – delivering the strategies of the business will require you to influence stakeholders from around the business. As such, you will need to be able to present effectively to different levels of seniority and be confident operating at C Suite level,
- Generalist HR skills – an HR business partner will need to have a good understanding of the many different responsibilities of the function to be managed. Demonstrated capability across all HR disciplines with the ability to interpret complex information into user friendly people activities and demonstrate the ability to flex approach aligned to business need,
- Leadership – you will be working with senior leadership to deliver the business function’s strategy. As such, you must be able to lead the daily operations of the business, and also on specific projects.
- Ability to work at pace and in ambiguous circumstances with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload
- Proven experience of designing and delivering HR initiatives though evolving / changing environments.
- Strong risk management, demonstrates excellent understanding of employment frameworks with the ability to advise, challenge and coach stakeholders to achieve commercial outcomes
- Coaching skills – you will be seen as a mentor within the function and the wider company. You must be comfortable in offering advice to both senior leaders, peers, and junior employees
- Strategic thinker – working closely with the CPO to design, deliver and implement new programmes and initiatives, so experience of thinking strategically is essential
- Industry experience – financial services or professional services experience is a requirement to offer a robust and value add HR service