£60K - £65K / Year
Our client, a family-owned and entrepreneurial facilities management business, provide bespoke offerings to corporate clients. They have reached 350 employees and continue to grow. This newly created HR Manager position will report to the board and will have accountability for the function.
Currently based in Shoreditch, it is genuinely a fun and enjoyable place to work, where trust and empowerment are important aspects to their culture.
They are looking for an experienced HR Manager to work 3 days a week but are very flexible around what works for the right individual (i.e. time spent in the office each week, flexible hours etc).
· Ability to transform traditional HR practices into a creative and innovative function whilst driving the communication and cultural change internally.
· Design and implement policies across the HR spectrum and coaching managers on the journey.
· Review of existing end to end employee lifecycle activities and implement new documentation and policies of those activities; to include contract issuance, on-boarding, training plans and records, disciplinary, insurance and GDPR processes.
· Research and review processes and technology needed to ensure complete accuracy in recording and tracking employee’s payroll, pensions, overtime, employees right to work etc.
· Research and review existing employee benefits.
· Support the Managing Director in the maintenance and delivery of a ‘people strategy’ currently in design.
· Strong ER experience is required to support and coach management when dealing with all Employee Relations matters.
· Act as trusted confidant to employees in event of any concern, whether personal or work related.
· Identifying strategic capability gaps, as well as short term capability issues and ensuring initiatives are in place to address gaps unearthed.
· Support the Diversity & Inclusion initiatives for each dedicated business function.
· Driver of change initiatives including restructures, change programmes and growth initiatives in conjunction with business strategy.
· Ability to compile HR management reports and present the analysis and recommendations to the Management team.
· Responsible for working with all site teams to integrate HR practices, helping embed the company’s values and commitments.
· Experienced at writing and developing policies, processes and procedures and recommending technology for their enhancement.
· Singularly own and have accountability for the HR function
· CIPD attained or equivalent working experience
· Must have strong practical Employee Relations experience (have conducted disciplinairies, grievances and managed redundancies)
· Ability to think entrepreneurially and grow with the company, ability to provide creative and flexible People and technology solutions to business challenges.
· Experience of working with multi-site locations and employees (desirable)
· Experience of managing a large and diverse workforce
· Intermediate Excel, word and PowerPoint and previous HRIS working knowledge
· Demonstrable experience of producing clear, well-structured reports and recommendations for senior leadership teams, including board level.
· Comfortable adopter of new technologies and software whether developed internally or customised from a third party.
· Payroll experience beneficial (but not essential)
· Trustworthy, self-starter, empathetic nature, skilled mediator