London, City of London
£50K - £65K / Year
Purpose of your role
Working closely with the Senior HR Business Partners for Investment Solutions & Services, you will provide the full range of HR Business Partner support to teams within Investment Management. The primary objective of the role is to act as a business partner to ensure that managers are equipped to deal with people matters appropriately and that the people agenda is reflected in all decisions and aligned to achieving desired business outcomes. You will work very closely with the other HR Business Partners in the region and globally as well as COE teams to deliver innovative and future driven business focused HR initiatives across the Investment teams.
A particular focus of this role will be to coach and support managers to grow their leadership and management capabilities as we look to embed new leaders into the organisation.
Insights, Strategy and Solutions
- Work with the Senior HR Business Partners, Investment Solutions & Services to translate the business strategy into people focused initiatives, participating in developing and shaping programmes to address business specific needs now and for the future.
- Work closely with identified business leaders to understand business and talent pressures and support the delivery of goals and objectives for the Investment group.
- Work with managers to understand motivation and retention issues, developing and implementing solutions where issues are identified.
- Provide HR insights and solutions in close communication with global HR and regional HR team and ensure HR advices and services are consistent with business goals and directions.
- Work with managers to gain insights into opportunities for efficiency improvement on people and structure.
- Analyse data on organisation structure, accountabilities and spans of control to support the business case for redesign.
- Coach and advise managers in the optimisation of current team design to improve performance
- Combine a range of business data with personal experience to develop insight into the organisation, its customers, and the external context it operates in. Use these insights to identify opportunities, priorities and potential risks.
- Work with the Employee Engagement team on various communication activities for the business e.g. Annual Your Voice Survey (employee engagement survey) and track outputs and activities
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Work with Talent Acquisition team and participate in recruitment and selection processes to ensure experienced and skilled talents are brought into the Investment teams.
- Support business managers in the induction and on-boarding of new staff, focusing on assisting new staff members in engaging with the culture and understand management practices key to successful delivery.
- Support the facilitation of the Induction programme in conjunction with Early Careers team, support Early Careers Programme assessment centres and ongoing management of the early career programme when/where required.
- In conjunction with the C&B team, undertake market reviews of compensation and work with the business to ensure an efficient management of the year end compensation review process is conducted for Investment teams.
- Advise and support business managers in relation to their recommendations, maintaining objectivity and fairness at all times and ensuring accuracy of data throughout process.
- Assist in communicating key steps of the process and updates to the management teams
- Coach managers to manage performance on an ongoing basis and to have honest, open performance conversations with a focus on constructive and transparent communication between employee and manager
- Undertake proactive compensation initiatives, in collaboration with the C&B team, to ensure that compensation remains competitive and retains key talents.
Training and Development
- In conjunction with Talent Development team, work with managers to ensure regular talent discussions take place as part of management meetings, and development plans are in place targeting high potential employees and for talent pipeline.
- Work with Talent team and Senior HR Business Partner to support the collation and assessment of specific training and development requirements for the Investment teams as well as ensuring employees participate in a range of enterprise wide development activities or bespoke activities for Investment where required.
- Facilitate appropriate job moves for individuals in line with the talent management principles of the organisation.
- Partner with managers to implement talent development, deployment and career management process.
- Support Senior HR Business Partner and work with Talent team in rolling out various internal/external trainings for the business where required.
- Support talent data gathering exercises when/where required.
- Manage complex employee relations issues, engaging with managers promptly to address issues in a timely manner and assist in developing employee communication plans where appropriate.
- Contribute to and lead the HR components of change management and restructuring initiatives, which may include consultation with groups and individuals.
- Coach and build capability of managers to handle situations with skill rather than managing the issues for them.
- Support the resolution of employee relations matters e.g. Involuntary termination, Redundancy, Performance Improvement Plan, Disciplinary Meeting tec. in conjunction with HR Legal, review existing policies and procedures, and make recommendations on continuing, modifying or eliminating particular policies and procedures that are not supporting business goals (reviewing and updating employee handbook).
HR Reports and Projects
- Participate as an active member of the HR business partner community to identify and share best practice, which in turn will drive continuous improvement.
- As HR’s capability develops in people analytics, provide strong support in people analytics and data-driven people and organisational insights for decision making to both Senior HR Business Partner and to the business where required.
- As required, work with the Senior HR Business Partners and managers to support the annual and monthly budget tracking process, as well as other ad hoc projects and activities.
- Work with the HR support team to ensure changes are made accurately on the HR database system and various HR reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in global or regional HR projects or initiatives whenever possible.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Experience as a human resources professional in an international business environment, preferably in financial services.
- A demonstrable knowledge and interest in the investment process, and key industry themes is highly desirable.
- Prior senior relationship management experience with high level personal impact skills in a fast paced and demanding environment. The ability to demonstrate emotional resilience is critical.
- Commercially savvy
- Ability to inspire confidence in others based on integrity, objectivity and fairness.
- Ability to gain confidence and trust of others by demonstrating good judgement, authenticity, and follow-through on commitments.
- Highly collegiate with an ability to work well with colleagues, sharing ideas and building on best practice.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with colleagues across regions and functions, with an ability to remove organisational barriers and obstacles to deliver company-wide projects and initiatives.
- Naturally curious with a drive to look externally and understand the latest thinking within the human capital management arena.
- Demonstrable experience of working on a wide range of HR issues, including employee relations, with a particular focus on development planning and performance management.
- The ability to operate across global functions with appreciation for localised practices and legislative requirements.
- Can-do attitude, self-driven within a changing and high-pressured environment; commitment to high standards of excellence, demonstrating a drive to succeed in a changing environment.
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as HR Analytics tools.