Role of Department
Our clients Human Resources team is responsible for supporting the business to achieve its strategic aims. HR supports the business and employees by developing and adopting a range of strategies, providing expert advice and operational services. Their objective is to create an engaged and inclusive working environment that allows them to attract, recruit, develop and retain the very best diverse talent at all levels.
- The purpose of the role is to act as the subject matter expert to drive the delivery of learning and development, talent development, initiatives within our client to drive high performance.
- The role context is to operate across the global business to actively identify, design and deliver leading practice in inclusive talent management and development.
- Success in this role is measured on delivery of tangible, pragmatic and fit-for-purpose solutions. Therefore, this role is best suited to someone who is operational, hands-on, proactive and works at pace.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Full learning cycle of learning and development solutions to develop employees at all organizational levels, including project management, coordination, communications, administration, and evaluation of various global development and training initiatives. Selection and relationship management of best in class third party providers.
- Organise management and leadership development to support people leaders across the business to drive performance of their teams in line with the company values.
- Focus on the development of career pathways, key skills and capability to drive high performance and build the talent pipeline.
- Delivery of talent programmes, including early careers, drive their continued improvement, and implement new programmes in line with business needs.
- Responsible for the continued development of the onboarding and induction process across the business, focused on embedding values and behaviors.
- Provide advice and support on bespoke development solutions across the business i.e. executive coaching / mentoring / team building.
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to our clients commitment to placing customers at the centre of their business and behaving with integrity. They expect you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to proactively demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviours at all times. These requirements include Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in any commercial sector in a Talent Development with a proven track record in leading the delivery of people projects
- Self-starter with a proactive, enthusiastic and “hands-on” approach, with the ability to deliver multiple streams of activity at pace
- Solid understanding of operating in a multi geographical, complex, matrixed business environment
- Project Management, Communication, and Stakeholder Management skills
- The ability to build and manage relationships across all levels of seniority, developing trust and credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of talent development and initiatives with the ability to drive continuous improvement of performance
- Ability to build and maintain networks both internally and externally
- Facilitation and advisory skills
- Experience working with external suppliers and partners
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity and wiliness to support colleagues within the wider HR team, as projects and priorities change, to achieve collective team goals
- Broad understanding of HR data analytics and HR reporting
- Remain up to date with learning and development; knowledge of how they can maximize the use of digital, technology, and the way the business use data to inform plans.