City of London
The HR Business Partner will influence and build relationships with teams, managers and key stakeholders. Key stakeholders will be within IT, Finance, Compliance and Analytics functions and there is ongoing opportunity to improve business efficiency and promote best practice within these business areas.
The business is incredibly fast-paced and the business model always fluid so the ability to be dynamic reactive to business need is key; supporting new business streams, attracting new generations, sought after skills etc. This is an incredibly “client facing” role with the ability to bring change, influence, shape and define the HR strategy. IT, Finance, Compliance and Analytics are key areas of the business that support the trading environment; attracting, evolving and retaining talent in these business areas is critical.
Working alongside a Business Partner and reporting to the Head of HR the incumbent will be a local point of people expertise; competent and confident in delivering HR solutions to facilitate business requirements.
Key responsibilities include
- Generalist Business Partner level resource for full employment lifecycle events (attract, recruit, onboard, develop, retain, separate…)
- Takes ownership the running of the annual Graduate Recruitment Programme, to bring talent into the business in Risk, Analytics and Operations
- Develops a deep understanding of the business with sound commercial awareness
- Supports resourcing for IT, Finance, Compliance and Analytics
- Supports stakeholders through annual performance review processes
- Supports stakeholders through merit review processes
- Develops talent mapping and succession planning for business groups, IT, Finance, Compliance and Analytics
- Development a training framework which is supportive of developing and retaining individuals
- Continuously expanding suite of resourcing options and capabilities through networking and aligning to industry best practice, optimising cost effective recruitment solutions.
- Contributing to development of improved resourcing practices and innovative new ways to better meet business needs
- Develop metrics and analytics to observe workforce trends and suggest ways to improve
- Financial Services or Trading background
- Previous experience in a professional, vibrant and fast paced environment and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of having worked within a compliance and risk management culture
- Continuous improvement and mind-set to learn and share experience
- Dependable, trustworthy, enthusiastic and an excellent team player
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- High degree of discretion and firm understanding of the requirement for confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and grow positive relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Forward thinking and able to prioritise